Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Introduction

Hello soon-to-be friends and family!

I’m still cooking in Mommy’s belly, but I wanted to introduce myself anyway.

My name is Nicanor Gonzales IV. That’s right, the 4th! I will be carrying on the family name and will, no doubt, represent it as well as the three before me. Even though my Grampy and Daddy have the same name, I’m proud to carry on the family tradition. If you have a “Nick”-name for me, that’s fine, call me whatever you like…just don’t call me late to dinner ;). I should be making my grand entrance around March 2nd (or whenever I feel ready) so have some dinner ready! Well at least for Mommy. She gets really hungry! And I’ll just have some of hers.

I’ve been good to Mommy lately, even when I’m moving all around this dark home she’s got me in. She’s entertained by my kicks, twirls and swooshes – it even makes her stop whatever she’s doing (working, grocery shopping) just to feel or watch my movements from outside her belly. Sometimes she pushes back against my foot or arm when I’m just resting against the side…I think she just likes the reaction when I freak out and move even more.

Mommy’s been eating a LOT of oranges, which makes me happy and I do somersaults for her. I like them, but I hope it’s not too much sugar for her cuz there are quite a few temptations of sweets this time of year.

In our last Doctor’s appointment, Mommy got a star on her medical chart for not gaining too much weight. The Doctor was really happy with her, and it made her feel really good (she may have celebrated by having an Egg McMuffin on her way to work). The Doctor felt around Mommy’s tummy to see my exact position. Turns out Mommy was right – I’m head-down with my legs sticking up toward her right side…still below the ribs, but once in a while I give her a little taste of what I’m really capable of in the next couple months. We’re going to be seeing Doctor-man more frequently now that we are within 10 weeks of my arrival! Wow, time flies! I'll be here before you know it!

With 2 ½ months to go, Mommy and Daddy have been busy preparing my room. Mommy and Mimi painted the room a really pretty color and then Mimi did her magic and there’s a gorgeous, hand-painted Mimi creation…here are a few photos for you to see it:



Mommy made the curtains (with the help of Mimi and Nana picking out the fabric...she's not too confident when it comes to that stuff):


Then Daddy made all the furniture for my room. It’s all made just the way Mommy wanted it for me. Even though it didn’t quite fit the way they had pictured it, they made it work and it looks great! I'll have to show you those photos in my next post...

Hand-painted walls, hand-made furniture and hand-sewn curtains…I’m pretty excited about my room! And to meet all of you! That's all for now, but I'll be sure to update you as I grow and eventually join the outside world.

Merry Christmas!!

3 comments:

  1. Baby Nicanor, I am so happy your mommy has started a blog! I love hearing about how you are growing and moving! I can't wait to meet you! Your bff, Brayden can't wait to play with you! Tell your mommy and daddy hi and we love you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My precious baby boy, Your grandpa is already buying you some toys. We can hardly wait to meet you! Be good to your mommy and try not to kick her so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY! I'm so glad baby Nicanor updated us! Your nursery is beautiful & we are all so excited for you to make your debut! <3 Heather, Ryan, Sage & Macy

    ReplyDelete